FESTIVAL DE BETOVERING (THE ENCHANTMENT)
FROM 18 TO 26 OCTOBER 2019
The international children's arts festival in The Hague for an international audience!
During the Autumn Break children between the ages of 2 and 12 years will be treated to 550 performances and workshops at 55 different locations in The Hague.
PLENTY TO SEE - NO DUTCH REQUIRED
The most enchanting children’s productions of both Dutch and international origin will be brought to The Hague for nine days of dazzling culture. The program includes theatre shows as well as dance, music and film.
The productions highlighted as NDR (No Dutch Required) are all suitable for non Dutch-speaking children. Make sure to look out for the various street theatre acts in the city centre too.
PLENTY TO DO - NO DUTCH REQUIRED
You can choose from a huge range of workshops throughout the festival where children can try their hand at dance, music, filmmaking, painting, theatre and much, much more!
The festival centres are the meeting places for festival visitors. You can go here all day for a drink, the exchange of tips and experiences and plenty of building and crafting. You might even meet Djimmie, our festival mascot!
Check out the NDR flyer (No Dutch Required)
- Many performances sell out quickly so you need to be fast with your booking.
- Make sure to state clearly which day and time you wish to visit when booking tickets.
- Children should be accompanied by an adult when visiting performances (unless otherwise stated). Both child and guardian will require entry tickets.
- The ticket of a show does not provide automatic access to an associated workshop. Please reserve separately for all workshops. In most cases, the workshops are for children (parents can pick up their children afterwards) so you will only need to reserve a place for the child(ren).
- Please take note of the minimum age of an activity. We don’t allow access to children that are too young.
- Please cancel any reservations if you can’t make it.
- If an activity is sold out, make sure to ask if you can be put on a waiting list.
- Refreshments are available at most festival locations. You can also get festival food at Theater aan het Spui.
- Information about access for visitors with disabilities is available on our website or via the locations themselves.
- We recommend the Novotel City Centre hotel for visitors from outside The Hague. Up to two children (up to 12 years old) can stay for free in a room with paying adults and also get a free breakfast!
- The organisation reserves the right to make changes to the programme at any time and is not responsible for any damage and/or liable for consequences arising from the proposed activities.
Each September the full programme of the next festival is published on this website. If you want to be the first to know, feel free to leave your name and email address in the 'nieuwsbrief' box on the homepage of this website, and we will notify you per email when the next new programme is online.