DE BETOVERING = THE ENCHANTMENT
INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN'S ARTS FESTIVAL
FOR AN INTERNATIONAL AUDIENCE!
Each year during the Autumn Break the international children’s art festival ‘De Betovering’ (The Enchantment) takes place in The Hague. From the 16th to the 25th of October 2015, children between the ages of 2 and 12 years will be treated to some 400 performances and workshops at 50 different locations. In September 2015, the full programme of the next Enchantment will be published on this website
PERFORMANCES AND WORKSHOPS
The most enchanting children’s performances of both Dutch and international origin, will be brought to The Hague for ten days of dazzling culture. Performances include theatre shows as well as dance, music and film. Professional artists will guide workshops where children can try their hand at dance, music, filmmaking, painting, fashion, theatre and much more. Festival De Betovering is the result of a unique cooperation between a number of cultural organisations in The Hague.
= Performances (things to see)
= Workshops (things to do)
= PROGRAMME NO DUTCH REQUIRED (NDR)
A number of performances, the daily rolling programme in our Festival centre (indoors & outdoors), all the danceworkshops and most of the visual arts workshops are suitable for non Dutch-speaking children. Please take note of the NDR (No Dutch Required)-logos in the shape of small globes! In september you can view the full festival programme (= 'programma' in Dutch) of 2015 on this website. Additional information in English is available on the programme items with a NDR logo.
- Many performances sell out quickly so you need to be fast with your booking.
- Children should be accompanied by an adult (unless otherwise stated). Both child and guardian will require entry tickets.
- The ticket of a show does not provide automatic access to an associated workshop. Please reserve separately for all workshops. In most cases, the workshops are for children (parents can pick up their children afterwards) so you will only need to reserve a place for the child(ren).
- Please take note of the minimum age of a show or workshop. We don't allow access to children that are too young.
- The ticket price for the majority of the performances and workshops is € 6.00.
- Please take note that the clocks will be changed back one hour in the night between the 24th and 25th of October.
See our English Flyer 2014
In September 2015, the full programme of the festival will be published on this website. If you want to be the first to know, feel free to leave your name and email address in the yellow box on the right side of this page and we will notify you per email when the 2015 programme is online.